Welcome to the East Main Street Improvement Project Website
This website has been created to gather public input and provide facts, figures and updates about the project design, construction and schedule. Project concepts, references, submittals and plans are available for review in the Download Section of the site. Please explore this site and provide your comments regarding the project here.
~Rendering of the proposed improvements at intersection of E 5th and E Main Street~
- April 1, 2014 -The Board of Public Works and Safety approved the suspension of City street sweeping on East Main from East 5th to Vincennes Street during construction. During this time the street sweeping parking restrictions will not be enforced and the existing signs will be “bagged” until project completion.
- March 12, 2014 -Duke Energy to begin tree removal on north side of East Main Street. Duke will be removing trees marked with a blue “X” or blue tape.
- March 5, 2014, 11:00 a.m. -The GROUNDBREAKING CEREMONY HAS BEEN RE-SCHEDULED to this date and time and will be held at the intersection of East 5th and East Main Street. Please join us in acknowledging and celebrating this significant project milestone! Your assistance in helping get the word out regarding the re-scheduled date and time is also appreciated.
- January 28, 2014 - The contract for construction of the E Main Street Improvements project was awarded to MAC Construction and Excavating, Inc. of New Albany, IN at the regularly scheduled Board of Public Works and Safety Meeting. Construction activities will be starting in the coming weeks as Notice to Proceed with construction is likely to be issued in late February 2014! Visit the Project Info page for the updated project schedule.
- January 3, 2014 -*FINAL PLAN DOCUMENTS POSTED* - Electronic versions of the Final Plans and Specifications have been placed in the Download Section of the website. Documents are also available for review at the New Albany Redevelopment Office – 311 Hauss Square-Rm 325, New Albany, IN 47150
- October 30, 2013 – Project schedule updated on Project Info page.
- Preliminary Plan Documents Posted – Electronic versions of the Preliminary Plans, Preliminary Landscape Design Vernacular and the Preliminary Design Presentation have been placed in the Download Section of the website.
- August 8, 2013, 6:30 p.m. – – A public meeting was held in the Strassweg Auditorium at the New Albany-Floyd County Public Library, 180 West Spring Street, New Albany, IN 47150 to present the Preliminary Design Plans and Architectural Design Vernacular. We would like to thank the 50+ attendees, consisting of residents, business owners and local and State elected officals, for their participation and feedback. The comment period for the Preliminary Design documents will remain open until Friday, August 23, 2013. Please forward comments to email@example.com.
- A reduced version of the Conceptual Plans has been placed in the Download Section of the website. If you were unable to download the previous larger version, please try again.
- May 20, 2013, 6:30 p.m. – A Public Meeting was held at the Pepin Mansion at 1003 E Main Street to introduce the project and conceptual design. Public comment period regarding the conceptual plan is now open.